Chalenge 140 - In Motion
John

Challenge 141 - Artistic
TimmyG

Challenge 142 - Smoking!
John
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2009 Hockey Season
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 am 
Wings Fan

Camera: 7D
Lens: 24-70L, 70-200 4L, Sigma 17-35. Canon 85mm 1.8
Favorite Type: Wildlife / Sports
Inspiration: My uncle
OK to edit my images: Yes
I didn't get to see the game. I was at the ballpark watching the Tigers blow another game. They flashed the score up on the big screen several times which was pretty much the highlight of the ball game. Maybe I'll get to see the winning goal replay on the afternoon news....

FLICKR PAGE: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gosportphotos/

WEBPAGE: http://www.gosportphotos.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:17 am 
And baby makes six!

Camera: D3, D2x, D200, D70IR
Lens: lots o glass
Favorite Type: Sports seems to be the thing for me now
Inspiration: My muse, Scarlett Johansson
2 ducks watched your guy rush the net in anticipation of a rebound...he was rewarded.

Watched the third period, it was good hockey...I was fully expecting at least one overtime.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:42 am 
Pyro Shooter

Camera: Fuji X-T1 (x2), Fuji X100s, Canon 5D Mark III
Lens: Fuji: 10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 14, 23, 35, 56; Canon: 17-40, 24-70, 70-200, 50, 100Macro
Favorite Type: Anything that doesn't run away (and some things that do)
I will always cheer on the team that is playing against the dirty ducks (see Mike Brown's dirty hit on Jiri Hudler for another prime example of the lack of the class on that team).

I'm really disappointed that I'm going to miss the Pens/Caps series. That should be a great one to watch. I'm guessing there's not going to be much hockey on TV in India :( Even if it is on, the games will start at 4am :(

I'm here to improve my photography, and to help others do the same. C&C always welcome and appreciated! If you like my photo, please try to say more than just "nice shot". If you don't like my photo, please tell me that too. You may edit and repost my photos, as long as you tell me what you did.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm 
Wings Fan

AH..............3OT loss. I must give the Ducks credit, the few that made their way into the penalty box did not turn around and give me or my son the finger this time. Usually we can provoke a response. I think the winning goal was a deflection. Great game to be in the arena, too bad we lost.

I have one more playoff ticket game...pray for seven games?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:15 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

Camera: Nikon D300, Nikon D70s
Lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Tokina SD 12-24mm f4, Nikon 75-240mm f/4.5, Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5
Favorite Type: portraiture and landscape
Inspiration: for landscapes: Macduff Everton.
Yeah, that was an awesome game! 1-1. Looks like it's gonna be a hard fought series...

~Erin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 pm 
Wings Fan

EyesLifted wrote:
Yeah, that was an awesome game! 1-1. Looks like it's gonna be a hard fought series...

We've been picking up the Ducks at the blueline giving them to much steam. We need to start pressing at center ice. Our offensive crease is lacking without Draper. Chelios is showing his age (47).

We had the PP in OT so we had a chance to win it.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 pm 
And baby makes six!

So far so good.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 pm 
Wings Fan

Took a nap...now it's game time! Happy Face!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:38 pm 
Wings Fan

Sweet first goal by the Ducks. The refs suck!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: 2ND PERIOD
PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME HOW WE GOT AN INTERFERENCE CALL FOR HITTING A PLAYER WITH THE f**k PUCK!!! WE KNOW TOP THE "REDWING PLAYOFF" SCREW 'EM RULES BUT THIS IS BULLSHIT... REFS CALL IT EVENLY...LET 'EM PLAY OR USE THE WHISTLE BOTH WAYS!!!!!!

GOT TICKETS FOR GAME 5 LOOK OUT DUCKS IF YOUR IN THE P BOX I'M GIVING YOU HELL! :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 am 
Wings Fan

The worst call in NHL history! Bar none....JFC. The goal at 1:04 in the third by the Wings waved off. What the f**k bullshit mother f**k hell was the linesman calling????? Give me the mother f**k break. Why or why was it a god damned linesman call??? I understand the Michael Jordon Rule in reverse...which is f**k the Wings if possible but that call was beyond belief. Just unbelievable....by far... the worst call I've seen in my 48 years of hockey...bar none... was Hossa f**k the officials daughter or what? There has to be an NHL review of this officials crew. This wasn't even a hometown call it was a blatant f**k you Redwing call. I hate to spew venom AFTER ONLY 5 BEERS but what he hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin ...kudos for the Ducks defensive PP unit but the refs are handing you the series... this is the worst officiated game I have ever seen.... honestly the worst...bar none...purely BULLSHIT.

I've seen some shitty officiated games in my 30 years as season ticket holder but this is by far the worst game I've ever seen..I'm certain the NHL will review but the game is history. Holy mother of Christ!

Gotta love the Wings / Ducks series always something one way or another. 24 of 27 games decided by one goal.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 am 
Pet and People Portraits

Lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Tokina SD 12-24mm f4, Nikon 75-240mm f/4.5, Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5
Wow. It's 1:42 in the morning and I just finished watching the game. Was supposed to drive the 40 miles to watch it with the boyfriend (on tape delay) at 9:30, decided I was too sleepy to ever make the drive home. Problem is I hadn't taped it at home and had avoided all news blurbs on tv and radio like the plague so I wouldn't hear the results. So I took a quick nap, watched the re-airing at 10:30pm.

Seriously, the play-off's make the regular season look like a gentleman's game of tennis. (My other favorite sport, by the way.)

So yeah, that call. I was too out-of-it to figure out who made the call. According to the announcer "the ref had the whistle on the way to his lips, and it's not when the call is made, it's when the intent is made." Why couldn't have it come clearly before the puck, or not at all? Hate to have a game look like it was won or lost on a technicality. If it were my team I'd be fuming to.

Quote:
it was a blatant f**k you Redwing call.
Yeah, welcome to being a Ducks fan. :? The refs are always out for us. Especially the one we call "Mr. Magu."

And they were kinda funny with the whistle. One of your guys took a swing at Perry, who blatantly ducked and tried to skate away. Both of them get a penalty. Huh? The announcer even said "sometimes your reputation, or your teams reputation, is all it takes." That's lame. Honestly, the penalty wasn't even necessary. It's the playoff's, let them skate.

Butttttt, the call near the end of the 3rd period, when the puck when flying into the stands, that was off a Wings stick. So why was it played inside our Blue Line?? Bad decision there. Perhaps if the refs had gotten that call right they'd never have to deal with the obvious fall-out they'll catch for the whistle-puck-debacle.

Lookin' forward to game 4. Haven't been able to attend a play-off game personally yet. Josh's parents have been able to go almost all the time. He's only been to 2 games. I'm really hoping I'll get the tickets for at least one of them..

~Erin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 am 
Wings Fan

EyesLifted wrote:
Wow. It's 1:42 in the morning and I just finished watching the game. Was supposed to drive the 40 miles to watch it with the boyfriend (on tape delay) at 9:30, decided I was too sleepy to ever make the drive home. Problem is I hadn't taped it at home and had avoided all news blurbs on tv and radio like the plague so I wouldn't hear the results. So I took a quick nap, watched the re-airing at 10:30pm.

Seriously, the play-off's make the regular season look like a gentleman's game of tennis. (My other favorite sport, by the way.)

So yeah, that call. I was too out-of-it to figure out who made the call. According to the announcer "the ref had the whistle on the way to his lips, and it's not when the call is made, it's when the intent is made." Why couldn't have it come clearly before the puck, or not at all? Hate to have a game look like it was won or lost on a technicality. If it were my team I'd be fuming to.

Quote:
it was a blatant f**k you Redwing call.
Yeah, welcome to being a Ducks fan. :? The refs are always out for us. Especially the one we call "Mr. Magu."

And they were kinda funny with the whistle. One of your guys took a swing at Perry, who blatantly ducked and tried to skate away. Both of them get a penalty. Huh? The announcer even said "sometimes your reputation, or your teams reputation, is all it takes." That's lame. Honestly, the penalty wasn't even necessary. It's the playoff's, let them skate.

Butttttt, the call near the end of the 3rd period, when the puck when flying into the stands, that was off a Wings stick. So why was it played inside our Blue Line?? Bad decision there. Perhaps if the refs had gotten that call right they'd never have to deal with the obvious fall-out they'll catch for the whistle-puck-debacle.

Lookin' forward to game 4. Haven't been able to attend a play-off game personally yet. Josh's parents have been able to go almost all the time. He's only been to 2 games. I'm really hoping I'll get the tickets for at least one of them..

Like I said: Gotta love playoff Hockey. I don't expect anything less with the Ducks and Wings...well maybe some grammar correction after a few beers. My adjectives / adverbs become overly describtive. :oops:

Headline this morning was "ROBBED"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

Quote:

At least you live in a region where hockey makes headlines. :? The Lakers are in the Playoffs and the Dodgers have an 8 game winnning streak. Our little Ducks, just in the 2nd round of the Playoff's against one of their biggest rivals, make the very end of the sports blurbs on the radio or TV, if there's even time left to mention it.

Not a lot of general love of hockey 'round these parts. In some ways it's kinda cool, 'cause you know who's a legit fan. Right now, all of Los Angeles is a Lakers fan and a Dodgers fan. Even if they've never watched a game or can't name more then one player. But hockey? Not many get on the band wagon... :-(

~Erin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:00 pm 
Wings Fan

EyesLifted wrote:
Quote:

At least you live in a region where hockey makes headlines. :? The Lakers are in the Playoffs and the Dodgers have an 8 game winnning streak. Our little Ducks, just in the 2nd round of the Playoff's against one of their biggest rivals, make the very end of the sports blurbs on the radio or TV, if there's even time left to mention it.

Not a lot of general love of hockey 'round these parts. In some ways it's kinda cool, 'cause you know who's a legit fan. Right now, all of Los Angeles is a Lakers fan and a Dodgers fan. Even if they've never watched a game or can't name more then one player. But hockey? Not many get on the band wagon... :-(

Those other fans are only fans when the teams win. Hockey fans are real fans. Yep, hockey is huge here, I didn't grow up with any friends that didn't play and we always had an outdoor flooded backyard rink.

Can't believe Chicago gave you guys Wisnewski..

Hopefully we can pull out game 4 !

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

Quote:
Can't believe Chicago gave you guys Wisnewski..
Yeah, that trade thing in March was kinda crazy. A lot of Ducks fans were pretty pissed about it, initially. Moen and Huskins were given to San Jose (tell me they were happy with that after the playoff's round 1 results...) and we picked up Wisniewski in exchange for Sammy Pahlsson, and Montador went to Boston. GM Murray had threatened that he'd be breaking up the team if they didn't pull their act together, and Pronger was on the table for a bit. Well, they didn't pull their act together and off went Moen and Huskins to teams in our own division!

It's turned out to be okay in the end. But talk about stirring the pot...

~Erin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:18 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

Game 4 tonight! :mrgreen:

~Erin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm 
Wings Fan

I'm rested and have a bag of Hall's!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:21 am 
Pet and People Portraits

Wow. The refs go from letting everyone skate last game to calling everything this one! (Except when Perry was clearly tripped following a face-off in the 2nd.)

Well, Babcock's new line up is working well for Detroit. And we're taking far too many penalties. We've got a big uphill battle in the 3rd. Doesn't look good for my Ducks. :-( I'm hoping for overtime. We've got a good overtime record...

~Erin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:01 am 
Wings Fan

EyesLifted wrote:
Wow. The refs go from letting everyone skate last game to calling everything this one! (Except when Perry was clearly tripped following a face-off in the 2nd.)

Well, Babcock's new line up is working well for Detroit. And we're taking far too many penalties. We've got a big uphill battle in the 3rd. Doesn't look good for my Ducks. :-( I'm hoping for overtime. We've got a good overtime record...

That would be a great overtime record! As for Perry trip it wasn't much worse than the high stick to Ericcson after his pass into the neutral zone in the 3rd. But you are right those two were painfully (lol) obvious.

Did you notice we started pressure in the neutral zone and didn't wait for the Ducks to cross over the blue? WE know from history to never count the Ducks out, the playoff record is too good and they have the wings number. They match up better.

I'll be at game 5 in the nose bleed, upper bowl, section.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:04 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

Great photo!
Quote:
Awww, you mean you can't heckle the guys in the box??

Yeah, our teams are a great matchup. Too bad this isn't (and can't ever be) the finals for the cup. I'd like to see 7 games out of this one.

~Erin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:16 pm 
Wings Fan

EyesLifted wrote:
Great photo!
Quote:
Awww, you mean you can't heckle the guys in the box??

Yeah, our teams are a great matchup. Too bad this isn't (and can't ever be) the finals for the cup. I'd like to see 7 games out of this one.

Game 7 and I'm back behind the box!!!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 am 
Wings Fan

What I was thinking....................

http://blog.mlive.com/hugeblog/2009/05/ ... er_no.html

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:54 am 
And baby makes six!

Heck of a playoff season....looking forward to both tonight and tomorrow nights matches.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:34 pm 
Pet and People Portraits

great article! I'm admittedly nervous for tonight's game...

~Erin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
And baby makes six!

How about Mr. 21 year old Patrick Kane scoring the hat trick last night...

No Hawk fans here I guess (Local boy from this area)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next