Post subject: Re: What would YOU do??
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm 
Das Kapital

Camera: Canon 60D, Fuji XP20, odd film cameras
Lens: Tokina 11-16, Canon 17-55
Inspiration: The stuff out there.
OK to edit my images: Yes
Duane wrote:
Complaints to the city work...just ask my neighbor :lol: . Another neighbor called our city concerned about the how their property looked and within a few days a city worker showed up and made a "to-do" list for my neighbor concerning his yard and it's appearance. Man, they nit picked everything. :shock: :lol: And yes, I helped them out taking care of their yard despite them having a worthless 21 year old son living there who didn't lift a finger. I'm fairly certain my tax dollars will be supporting this mooch in the near future either by welfare or in jail. I love kids these days.....incert sarcasm smiley here. :lol:

Man, it's going to be annoying when I finally own a house. I'm going to be constantly fined by people who will hate the way I intend to keep my garden. I enjoy sort of tending and directing natural plants that colonize the yard and letting my lawn grow long; encourages insects and birds to visit, and keeps the place looking more like a park. Where people see "weeds" I see beauty and vibrancy. I guess it's a consequence of having spent a lot of time on a fairly wild plot of land as a kid.

http://visualfiction.org/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 pm 
Gold Member

Favorite Type: Wildlife
Inspiration: What I photograph inspires me.
OK to edit my images: No
If you plan on doing that DO NOT live in a neighborhood that has a Homeownership association where you pay a monthly "fee" for god knows what. They have rules you need to follow...I hate rules but I also keep my home and yard respectable. I have an area designated as natural where I just let things grow as they would in the wild but it's not very big. Thankfully both of my neighbors are cool (except for the one son) and we all get along and help each other out when needed. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 pm 
Platinum Member

Camera: Canon 60D & Canon S95
Lens: Canon 28-200, Canon 70-300, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 150-500, Post Processing: Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Favorite Type: Anything that doesn't move much
OK to edit my images: Yes
Quote Duane:
"I'm fairly certain my tax dollars will be supporting this mooch in the near future either by welfare or in jail...."
LOL! I think EVERY neighborhood has at least one of these worthless residents. Just as you mentioned, they're usually adults, still living with their parents because they're too lazy to find a job.

Walter, I agree with Duane. Don't move into an area with a Homeowners' Association. But I'm sure you already know this!