It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flyer
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 pm 
Sith Lord

Camera: D7000 and Minolta SR102T
Lens: Nikon 50mm and Sigma 70-300
Favorite Type: Macro and Landscape
Inspiration: Sam Abell - for the longing of photos I have not yet taken.
OK to edit my images: Yes
Any graphic designers here? I'm not sure if there are or not. Need critiques on this. This is a very new area for me.. I've never done anything like this.

Above all, it's hard learning to live with vivid mental images of scenes I cared for and failed to photograph. It is the edgy existence within me of these unmade images that is the only assurance that the best photographs are yet to be made.
Sam Abell

Post subject: Re: Flyer
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 pm 
Gold Member

OK to edit my images: No
I'm not a graphic designer, so I will just give you my impressions.... I like the view down the line as the base - a really good image to highlight the contest between these two teams and allows plenty of room for the text. I'm not sure the "spade" and helmet overlay helps.. perhaps for the intended audience, it is meaningful... to me it distracts. One small nit abou the text - I think it would be better if the top line were lined up with the third. Hope this helps.

Everyone except my mother calls me Al.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 am 
The Scout

Camera: Canon XT, Canon 60D
Lens: Canon 17-85, Sigma 105, Canon 50 1.8, lens baby, Canon f4 70-200 L
Favorite Type: I try all kinds of things, Family and macro heavy dash of landscape
Inspiration: My Dad got me started years ago when he bought my first 35mm pentax.
The Text seems jumbled, I looked at some other big game flyers on the web and the text seems to be more symmetrical in one way or another. Many of them use a centered format for the text. Others use a left or right justified alignment. So for me the teams should be centered with the VS dead center between the team names. you could put the date and kick off time on one line below that. Unless you can get tickets online I would simply list tickets $5 and leave off at the door. You hit all the important parts who, what, when, where, and how much. You didn't fall into the trap of using more than one font type and it is very readable.

I do like the photo you have chosen, The logo of just one of the two teams is okay but it really only sells the game to the home team.

I have made posters like this but like you only as a favor and with limited instruction from one class I took in highschool.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:35 am 
Sith Lord

Thanks guys!

The only reason I used just one logo is because the opposing team doesn't seem to have a web site, or even a facebook page, that I could get their logo from to use. I tried to find both and I was going to make them more prominent, but since I couldn't find the other one, I decided to just cater to the home team with this. With that in mind, does it still detract from it? Should I have put it somewhere else?

I tried it once with centered text and though it was too centered... But that was only MY taste and that may not be what sells tickets, so next one I will center it.

Tickets can be purchased online, but for the same price, so I think I will remove the "at the door" thing. It doesn't add anything of value.

Above all, it's hard learning to live with vivid mental images of scenes I cared for and failed to photograph. It is the edgy existence within me of these unmade images that is the only assurance that the best photographs are yet to be made.
Sam Abell

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 pm 
Gold Member

I would put the Logo near the bottom.. Much smaller... not partially transparent, but overlay. If you can't put the other logo on the opposite side, consider putting the logo with the team name or leaving it off altogether.

Everyone except my mother calls me Al.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 pm 
Sith Lord

I'm going to be coming up with a few more. Before I turn them into the team owners, I'm going to post them here first for some help.

Sam Abell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am 
Platinum Member

Camera: Canon 550D (Rebel T2i)
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens),Canon EF-S 55-250 F4-5.6
Favorite Type: Wildlife, Portrait, Street
Check out this site if you did decide to include the other team logo. Looks like a giant "F" made of Flint. Makes sense I suppose...

http://flintfuryfootball.com/furyofficial2012.html

"If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it"
----- Willy Wonka